miércoles, 28 de enero de 2009

The Wrestler


"The Wrestler"

Love. Pain. Glory.

xxx



xxx

I love wrestling (since I was a little brat), Darren Aronofsky films and why not Mickey Rourke still rules. (Hey!, The Motorcycle boy reigns!)...so I needed to see this so badly (thanks bittorrent!).

(Release date in Spain: 20 February 2009)

The movie is freaking brilliant, pure emotions and great performances (by the way Marisa Tomei (45) is HOT! XD 'Nuff said).

A rude and crude story (as life often is) about an aging professional wrestler, decades past his prime, who now barely gets by working small wrestling shows in VFW halls and as a part-time grocery store employee. As he faces health problems that may end his wrestling career for good he attempts to come to terms with his life outside the ring: by working full time at the grocery store, trying to reconcile with the daughter he abandoned in childhood and forming a closer bond with a stripper he has romantic feelings for. He struggles with his new life and an offer of a high-profile rematch with his 1980s arch-nemesis, The Ayatollah, which may be his ticket back to stardom

Maybe Im not objective (as Wrestling/Aronofsky die hard fan) but you should definitely check this out.

PS: Bruce Springsteen - "The Wrestler" .





Two, three, four

Have you ever seen a one trick pony in the field so happy and free
If you've ever seen a one trick pony then you've seen me
Have you ever seen a one legged dog makin' his way down the street
If you've ever seen a one legged dog then you've seen me

(Then you've seen me) I come and stand at every door
(Then you've seen me) I always leave with less than I had before
(Then you've seen me) bet I can make you smile when the blood it hits the floor
Tell me friend can you ask for anything more
Tell me can you ask for anything more

Have you ever seen a scarecrow filled with nothing but dust and weeds
If you've ever seen that scarecrow then you've seen me
Have you ever seen a one armed man punchin' at nothing but the breeze
If you've ever seen a one armed man then you've seen me

(Then you've seen me) I come and stand at every door
(Then you've seen me) I always leave with less than I had before
(Then you've seen me) bet I can make you smile when the blood it hits the floor
Tell me friend can you ask for anything more
Tell me can you ask for anything more

These things that have comforted me I drive away (anything more)
This place that is my home I cannot stay (anything more)
My only faith is in the broken bones and bruises I display

Have you ever seen a one legged man tryin' to dance his way free
If you've ever seen a one legged man then you've seen me

1 comentario:

Mary Lou (not really a pseudonym) dijo...

jo, no me dejas mensajes serios...

sabía que esta peli te llamaría la atención pero... esa cara llena de botox: DNW!!

(stionde!)